Electronics Service provides testing and equipment repair for Electromagnetic issues to prevent damage to fleet equipment and enhance overall fleet readiness. Our primary testing service for the fleet is Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) testing and protections using Pulse Current Injection (PCI). This testing solution can help with other Electromagnetic Interferences and other E3 (Environmental) effects.
Proactive EMP testing and servicing can be beneficial to a fleet through:
- Saving lives by preventing interference to critical equipment.
- Reducing and/or eliminating costs related to trouble shooting intermittent problems and replacing equipment not damaged.
A list of the MIL Spec standards we test and repair includes:
- MIL-STD-188-125-1: HIGH-ALTITUDE EMP PROTECTION FOR FIXED GROUND-BASED FACILITIES
- MIL-STD-2003: ELECTRIC PLANT INSTALLATION STANDARD METHODS FOR SURFACE SHIPS AND SUBMARINES
- MIL-STD2169C: HIGH-ALTITUDE ELECTROMAGNETIC PULSE (HEMP) ENVIRONMENT
- MIL-PRF-24758A: PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATION: CONDUIT SYSTEMS, FLEXIBLE, WEATHERPROOF
- MIL-STD-285: ATTENUATION MEASUREMENTS FOR ENCLOSURES, ELECTROMAGNETIC SHIELDING, FOR ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT
- MIL-STD-461: ELECTRONIC EMISSION AND SUSCEPTIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CONTROL OF ELECTROMAGNETIC INTERFERENCE
- MIL-STD-464C: DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE INTERFACE STANDARD: ELECTROMAGNETIC ENVIRONMENTAL EFFECTS, REQUIREMENTS FOR SYSTEMS
- MIL-HDBK-423: HIGH-ALTITUDE ELECTROMAGNETIC PULSE (HEMP) PROTECTION FOR FIXED AND TRANSPORTABLE GROUND BASED C4 1 FACILITIES
- MIL-STD-2036A: MILITARY STANDARD: GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT SPECIFICATIONS